Sage Intacct - Senior Project Leader
Posted on: May 24, 2023
At CLA we create inspired careers.
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career in the
same way. That's why CLA exists to create opportunities. We promise
to know you and help you.
CLA, one of the nation's largest public accounting and professional
services firm is currently seeking a Senior Project Leader to join
our growing Digital Transformation-Sage Intacct team! This is a
Business focused Senior Project Leader within the Sage Intacct
practice of CLA.
The Senior Project Manager will lead the delivery of project
management consulting services for our Sage Intacct clients.
Working closely with internal clients and external clients, you
will deliver a full range of services, such as internal project
reporting and administration, resource management, client
management, project budgeting/accounting/finance, project planning,
project control and project communication.
As a Senior Project Leader, you will work on:
Internal project reporting and administration
- Be prepared to represent the business to discuss project
quality, client and team satisfaction, and project success metrics
during regularly scheduled and ad hoc project review meetings with
the managing director.
- Track and report weekly on percent complete, budget burn,
earned value, slippage, project effort and duration to complete and
other key project metrics.
- Keep an accurate risk tracking document with an associated
mitigation plan. Resource management
- Determine project roles of team members based on project
requirements, timeframes and budget.
- When necessary work with external contractors in addition to
- Define skill sets (competencies) required for the project based
on project specifications and requirements.
- Determine resource requirements (including staffing, software,
hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project
specifications. Client management
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase our customer
satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that
foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and
evaluate alternative business solutions. Project accounting and
- Understands basic revenue models, p/l, and cost-to-completion
projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill
rates and utilization.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and
accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates
and utilization Project planning
- Explain implications of changes to project scope and/or
objectives to the client and to the project team.
- Lead the team to prioritize signed off project work based on
analysis of strategic importance, tasks outstanding, obstacles or
barriers, budgets, resources and deadlines.
- Create, or participate in the creation of, project
- Manage the client stakeholders, team members, or contract
personnel to design a solution and establish associated project
timelines and budgets that allow for the delivery of the most
strategic functionality within the project constraints.
- Establish and maintain a usable and well-communicated schedule
for all phases of a project.
- Work with the account director to ensure changes are understood
and approved. Project control
- Manage scope creep through client change orders, internal
change orders, phased delivery or other methods to ensure projects
deliver on timeline, scope, budget and strategy expectations.
- Evaluate all key project deliverables, as well as final product
to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and client
- Responsible for formal sign off on all project deliverables;
this will often include coordinating input and involvement from the
account director and client.
- Ensure project meets internal and client expectations with
respect to quality, budget, delivery timelines, and strategy.
- Identify, track, manage and mitigate risk on specific client
engagements. Escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal
impact to quality, budget, and timeline.
- Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans
with appropriate input from key team members (including the account
director) and implement a revised project schedule, scope or budget
in a timely manner. Project communication
- Work with the Sage Intacct team to ensure clients achieve an
understanding of expectations, deliverables, dependencies, risks,
progress and the bright works development process.
- If needed, create customized reporting for the client or
- When appropriate, work directly with clients, or in concert
with account management and/or team leads, to secure sign off on
deliverables or documentation
- Use sound judgment in all project communication and ensure that
key stakeholders including the
- Team, client and management are apprised of project activities
in a timely manner.
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines,
milestones and other key project metrics to clients and team
members. As our ideal candidate, you have:
- 3 years of experience in a business leadership position.
Proficiency in business software, including accounting software
required. Minimum two years IT security experience with one year of
audit experience required for IT security work.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology,
or a related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective
relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex
projects that are strategic in nature and national in scope
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting.
- Good computer skills, proficient with MS office
- Knowledge of workforce strategies developed in other sectors is
- Knowledge of labor force strategies would be an asset
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to
execute projects on time and on budget.
Equal Opportunity Employer /AA Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.
Wellness at CLA
To support our CLA family members, we focus on their physical,
financial, social, and emotional well-being and offer comprehensive
benefit options that include health, dental, vision, 401k and much
To view a complete list of benefits click here.
Keywords: CliftonLarsonAllen, Arlington , Sage Intacct - Senior Project Leader, Accounting, Auditing , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...