Senior Manager I - Audit Readiness
Company: American Operations Corporation
Posted on: January 15, 2022
This role will support FORSCOM G8 (Resource Management) with
audit readiness and sustainment efforts to include interacting with
FM&C /FORSCOM IR and FORSCOM G8 and its units, Audit liaison
and perform QA/QC on documentation that the units provide, support
audit site visits at the various FORSCOM units across the U.S.,
develop corrective actions, develop training, and execute training,
develop metrics and briefs, and able to document business
Responsibilities include addressing issues impeding the
auditability of the Army's financial statements, as well as
enhancing the FIP's effectiveness as a management tool for guiding,
monitoring, and reporting on the Army efforts to identify and
resolve its financial management weaknesses and achieve financial
statement auditability. Specific staff responsibilities
- Determine a comprehensive and technical status of current
financial improvement and audit readiness.
- Identify the conditions and issues preventing Army from
maintaining compliant and auditable financial.
- Identify best practices for developing and maintaining
compliant and auditable financial information.
- Identify, prioritize, and devise new or revised accounting
policies and procedures and recommend.
- Implementation strategies to address impediments to a
- Develop detailed audit readiness methodologies, policies, and
- Develop, improve, and assist in executing corrective
- Provide program management support to manage the efforts under
this contract; and
- Provide professional development support to Army field
- 6 years of federal financial management and 3 years of federal
accounting experience. GAAP / GAGAS / ICOFR experience is a
- Education: Master's degree in accounting, Finance, Information
Technology, or Business Management or Certified Public Accountant
(CPA), Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM), Certified
Defense Financial Manager (CDFM), Certified Information Systems
Auditor (CISA), or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Clearance: Secret Clearance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of ERP Systems, federal accounting and
auditing standards in relation to:
- General Fund Enterprise Business Systems( GFEBS)
- Global Combat Support Systems - Army (GCCSS-A)
- Federal Finance Statement Auditing
- Internal Controls
- Financial reporting
- Data analysis
- Demonstrates abilities and success with analyzing detailed and
complex GCSS-Army transactions for a myriad of business process
(Supply, Supply Turn-ins, Cost Transfers, etc.).
- Demonstrates finance and accounting processes to identify
control gaps and improvement opportunities, facilitating audit
requests and planning and performing tests of controls and
- Demonstrates abilities and success with identifying and
addressing client needs, actively participating in client
discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm
services; preparing concise, accurate documents.
- Supports the drafting of an audit plan, including information
technology, which ensures adequate coverage of all key control to
support the issuance of an overall opinion on internal controls and
risk management practices to senior management.
- Implement audit plan and ensure effective audit practices for
traditional audits and continuous assurance.
- Understands the audit risks to identify key risks and controls,
for better audit planning and execution.
Health Benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life,
short and long term disability
401(k) savings plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans
Keywords: American Operations Corporation, Arlington , Senior Manager I - Audit Readiness, Accounting, Auditing , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!