Insurance Billing Associate
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Outreach Recovery is a national leader in the treatment of
substance use disorders. With over 20 facilities in the
Mid-Atlantic region and growing, we are looking to continue our
growth and bring on expert and dedicated team members to reach a
population in desperate need. We are currently looking for a
Insurance Billing Specialist to join our Mental Health team.
General Duties and Responsibilties:
- Enters information necessary for insurance claims such as
patient, insurance ID, diagnosis and treatment codes and modifiers,
and provider information. Insures claim information is complete and
- Submits insurance claims to a clearinghouse or individual
insurance companies electronically or via paper CMS-1500 form.
- Answer patient questions on patient responsible portions,
copays, deductibles, write-offs, etc. Resolves patient complaints
or explains why certain services are not covered.
- Follows up with insurance company on unpaid or rejected claims.
Resolves issues and re-submits claims.
- Prepares appeal letters to insurance carriers when not in
agreement with claim denials. Collect necessary information to
- Prepares patient statements for charges not covered by
insurance. Insures statements are mailed on a regular basis.
- May work with patients to establish a payment plan for past due
accounts in accordance with provider policies.
- Provides necessary information to collection agencies for
delinquent or past due accounts.
- Post insurance and patient payments using medical claim billing
- May perform soft collections for patient past due accounts.
This may include contacting and notifying patients via phone or
- For patients with coverage by more than one insurer, prepares
and submits secondary claims upon processing by the primary
- Follows HIPAA guidelines in handling patient information.
- May periodically create insurance or patient aging reports
using the medical practice billing software. These reports are used
to identify unpaid insurance claims or patient accounts.
- Understands managed care authorizations and limits to coverage
such as the number of visits. This is encountered often when
billing for specialties.
- May have to verify patient benefits eligibility and
- Ability to look up ICD 10 diagnosis and CPT treatment codes
from online service or using traditional coding references.
We are looking for a competent Billing specialist to undertake a
variety of financial and non-financial tasks in order to help
guarantee the companys revenues. You will handle the processing of
incoming payments along with the issuing of necessary
- Behavioral Health/ Primary Care billing experience and familiar
with Optum Medicaid and MD Physician's Care.
- High-level in using Excel and Microsoft suite.
- Problem-solver, assertive and attentiion to detail.
- Experience with Optum authorization, cash posting, and
follow-up aging report.
- Ability to handle high claim volume and good organizational
- New Jersey Billing and/or out-of state billing a plus, but not
- Coding certification a plus, but not required
- High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness
- Proven experience as Billing Specialist
- Comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holiday)
- Life Insurance
- 401Kby Jobble
Keywords: Outreach, Arlington , Insurance Billing Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!