Controller - Hilton Crystal City, Washington Regan National Airport
Company: Embassy Suites Crystal City - National Airport
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Controller is the department head of the hotel's Accounting
Department and will partner with internal and external stakeholders
to manage all aspects of property-level accounting and reporting
functions while proactively managing and working with hotel
leadership to execute on forecast and budget goals with emphasis on
expense management, as well as internal controls required by Hilton
policies and procedures.
- Serve as partner to hotel management in providing and explaining
Daily, Weekly and Monthly Reporting.
- Assist and advise department heads with the interpretation and
analysis of financial data.
- Direct and administer all financial operations of the hotel to
include, but not limited to, asset protection, financial reporting,
systems management, Accounting team management, and meeting
participation and facilitation.
- Monitor and approve purchases (Birchstreet), salaries and
expenses of the hotel, ensuring communication of variances to
approved forecasts and budgets and assist in managing expenses.
- Facilitate approval of invoices for payment.
- Attend and facilitate weekly labor meetings and partnering with
- Support the Monthly Forecast and Annual Budget processes by
providing requested information to Market Director of Finance.
- Oversee and participate in preparation and review of monthly
financial statements, including P&L and Balance Sheet.
Preliminary review with hotel GM, EC and Department Heads prior to
month-end closing deadlines and Market DOF, as requested.
- Support monthly reporting by providing commentary to Market DOF,
as requested. This may include information for month-end reporting,
ownership reporting, forecasts, budgets, etc.
- Demonstrate understanding of Management Agreement, including
related fee implications, performance tests and other key terms in
- Support the Capital Budget tracking process by coordinating the
Market DOF on approval of PO's and payments, and ensuring execution
of sealed bids for capital projects, per policy.
- Review and ensure accuracy of Balance Sheet accounts and
reconciliations partnering with COE team.
- Execution of Payroll controls, including approval of payroll
registers, Master Payroll Change reports and other required
- Contract Management - Ensure new service agreements/contracts are
properly tracked and executed, as well as tracking certificates of
insurance utilizing Certrax or other tools.
- Hire and supervise the Hotel Accounting staff ensuring proper
work environment, annual performance reviews, coaching/counseling
to ensure work is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Facilitate external and internal audits, coordinating with
auditors and Market DOF.
- Oversee and implement internal controls for hotel as required by
Hilton policies and procedures.
- Support and foster an environment receptive of change in response
to corporate initiatives and special projects.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations on
property and follow the correct procedures when required.
Keywords: Embassy Suites Crystal City - National Airport, Arlington , Controller - Hilton Crystal City, Washington Regan National Airport, Accounting, Auditing , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!