Senior Network Systems Engineer
Company: Watershed Security
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Watershed Security has a need for a Senior Network Systems
Engineer to join our team at the Office of Naval Research (ONR) in
Arlington, VA. Candidates must possess an active Secret Clearance
to be considered. The Junior Network Systems Engineer will assist
the Office of Naval Research establish and maintain an information
technology network operation.
The Junior Network Systems Engineer will perform standard project
tasks to analyze information security requirements, translate these
into security designs, implement these designs and test
Duties And Responsibilities
- Support LAN infrastructure design in a Data Center environment
to include Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches, Cisco UCS, Aruba
wireless controllers, wireless access points, and Radius
- Provide support on security policy configuration,
administration and management of Palo Alto firewalls using
centralized Panorama M-500.
- Provide support on Palo Alto features App-ID, User-ID, Global
Protect, Wildfire, NAT policies, and security profiles.
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco Nexus virtual port channel
- Configure and manage Authentication, Authorization and
Accounting (AAA) architecture with Radius through Active
- Configure and troubleshoot TCP/UDP, IPv4/IPv6 subnetting,
access lists, L2 and L3 connectivity issues within Cisco Router
ASR1002, Cisco Catalyst 3850s, Cisco Nexus 5600 and 7700s switches,
Palo Alto Firewalls, and Aruba Wireless.
- Troubleshoot SNMP, DHCP, 802.1x, Netflow, and
- Use troubleshooting tools to include Wireshark, SolarWinds, and
McAfee SIEM logs.
- Have experience with using AWS or Microsoft Azure cloud
- Use SolarWinds to monitor and test network performance. Provide
network performance statistics and reports.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network
configuration, network mapping, processes, and service
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures for
network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and
standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking
- Oversee new and existing network equipment, hardware, and
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, VTC,
and other network appliances.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of
network component inventory and related documentation and technical
- Handle and resolve tickets using BMC Remedy.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 year's equivalent experience
- IAT Level II certification (Security+ and a Computing
Environment (CE) certification)
- Active Secret Clearance or current interim
- At least 8 years of experience
- Proven experience and success with LAN and WIFI design and
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware,
protocols, and Internet standards.
- Excellent network layer 2 to 4 troubleshooting experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for data
- Experience with Cisco equipment required, preferably 5 years of
- Experience with firewalls, preferably Palo Alto and with 3
years of experience.
- Experience with VMware.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network
security principles, and general network management best
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to
detail with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative global
Benefits And Perks
Watershed Security offers outstanding compensation and benefits
including company paid medical and dental, short-term disability,
tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days of
PTO to start and 10 paid holidays per year.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Watershed Security, Arlington , Senior Network Systems Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!