Account Director Senior - Federal Capture
Posted on: May 25, 2020
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
The Capture Manager will drive initiatives to develop winning
strategies and execute responses to complex and challenging
classified telecommunications opportunities in the Government
sector. They will work in close cooperation with stakeholders,
develop and lead cross-functional teams to define positioning
strategy to maximize win potential. When opportunities result in
RFPs, the Capture Manager will work closely with proposal
development staff to develop responses to RFPs.Job Description
- Develop detailed capture plans identifying all risk with
clearly defined risk-mitigation strategies. Capture plans are
inclusive of solicitation summaries, competitive analysis, intended
win themes, resource requirements and intended assignments,
proposal development time-lines, risk analysis,
return-on-investment analysis and cost of capture projections.
- Review bid opportunities and develop bid/no-bid decisions with
supporting rationale. Track the status of potential opportunities
that have been identified as targets.
- Continually analyze the company's competition and formulate
plans to develop and maintain advantage.
- Develop appropriate business models with management and the
commercial response team.
- Initiate and negotiate teaming agreements, statements of work,
and subcontracts directly.
- Direct responsibility for developing and writing the executive
summary and any other sections where a dedicated resource was not
- Drive proposal activity and team members to ensure progress
toward defined schedule.
- Communicate bid strategies to the proposal team and to
management. Continually re-evaluates and, if necessary, re-defines
the winning bid strategy.
- Assemble appropriate bid teams with the cooperation of Program
Management, Sales, Business Development, Proposal Management,
Contracts, Product, Finance, and other internal and external
resources. - Assign appropriate general responsibilities & specific
tasks (with deadlines) for all proposal staff assigned. -
Effectively manage the productivity and contributions of all team
members (including those assigned from outside the channel) to
produce the desired results.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a capture management
- MBA or equivalent advanced business degree desired.
- Federal Procurement training desired.
- Must have direct experience with opportunity assessment,
developing bid/no-bid decisions, requirements analysis & bid
evaluation, definition of resource & budget requirements associated
with potential bids, positioning, strategy development, and
competitive strategy development.
- Proven and repeated track record of success as primary person
leading capture efforts.
- Direct experience managing a team of 3+ cross-functional
- Experience driving capture opportunities under federal
- Experience with the proposal development process.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel tabulation & analysis;
Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Access.
- Capture experience with IT hardware/software or wireline
telecommunications technologies and recurring revenue business
- Military experience is a plus.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance is a plus.
- Federal and/or State Procurement training desired.
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Arlington
Requisition #: 218480
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Arlington , Account Director Senior - Federal Capture, Accounting, Auditing , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!